How to be a great reporter
Emma from the Evening Advertiser came to visit our club and told us about how to become a great reporter.
Difficulties for Reporters
- The article MUST include who? what/ why? when? and where? It must also include a photo to add interest.
- A good reporter is clever with words
- A good reporter is quick at taking notes. A real reporter uses shorthand and can note at least 100 words a minute. This is what short hand looks like (this is the nursery rhyme Baa baa black sheep)
- A reporter should ALWAYS check how to spell someone's name - it's embarrassing to get it wrong!
- Making deadlines
- Chasing a story
- Grammar and spelling
- Being sure what you say is legal and correct