Values Education at Red Oaks: This Term's Value
June - July 09: Appreciation
Appreciation has quite a few meanings but we are going to take it to mean when you tell someone that you value them or what they have done, that you care about them.
Appreciating someone means that you don't just take them for granted. You stop and take the time to say:
"I really appreciate that".
Showing your appreciation costs nothing and can be fun to do. If you show other people appreciation, hopefully they will do the same for you.
Some ways you can show appreciation
- Say thank you when someone does something for you
- Clap after you have seen a good performance
- Cheer on your team or people taking part in a race
- Tell people they have worked hard and thank them for their work Say "Well done!"
- Celebrate people's achievements with certificates, reports and Records of Achievement
- Tell people what you think is great about them or what they do
- Make a card for someone to tell them how much you appreciate them
- Give someone a small, maybe homemade, gift to day thank you